Hello there! I am a multidisciplinary designer and educator with over a decade of experience. I have a passion for open source projects, design in its many forms, and I enjoy reading and writing about how design can be applied for positive future change.
I started my career designing and creating online learning technology and I am an advocate for the use of open-source technology in online education. My most recent collaboration includes a project called OER Schema – a project that aims to foster free access to knowledge by expanding the semantic web. I have produced a wide range of creative work including interactive art installations, web and product design, concept design, 3D animation, and I have been known to make furniture from time to time. The most recent art exhibition work I produced centered around digital privacy, identity, and security and I have two published book chapters that focus on open knowledge and learning. Currently, I work as the lead faculty coordinator for the multi-college Penn State World Campus Digital Multimedia Design program and I enjoy teaching art and design to students in a variety of subjects. I have been a long-time sub-committee volunteer for ACM SIGGRAPH, an organization whose mission is to nurture, champion, and connect researchers and practitioners of Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques.
- Drawing, digital painting, related theory
- Graphic design and print
- 2D and 3D design, animation production, and motion graphics
- VFX and compositing
- Game design and interactive digital storytelling
- Web design and web development
- UI/UX design and design research
- Digital fabrication (additive and subtractive machining techniques)
- Capstone project facilitation and career advising
Current research interests:
- Digital pedagogy for the arts and the web
- Learning software design