In this exercise, you use practice preparing 3D models for realtime rendering on the web.
Steps to Completion
- Using Blender or Maya, create a ‘low poly’ polygonal model of an isometric room for realtime rendering.
- There should be in the style of two “walls” and a “floor”. See examples.
- You can also model the opposite sides of the walls and floor, but this is not mandatory.
- This should be non-photo realistic rendering (NPR). Do not use realistic photo-based textures. Instead paint them using Photoshop.
- Unwrap the UVs for each object if you intend to use textures. Ensure that your materials are mapping with your object’s UVs.
- Paint all textures using Photoshop.
- Export to SketchFab using add-on tool or manually upload scene files and textures.
- In SketchFab, set the camera to 1 degree field of view.
- Check to see that all lights and textures are working properly.
- Save all 3D scene file in the project folder called sketchfab-4-YOURNAME.
- Inlude a .txt file of the SketchFab.com url in the scene folder.
- Compress the project folder once you’ve completed the tutorial and rename it sketchfab-4-YOURNAME.zip.
- Upload the .zip file to the submission dropbox
- Ensure you’ve included everything properly. Failure to ensure that you’ve uploaded the file will result in your exercise being graded according the grading criteria.
- Paste the url of the SketchFab project in exercise discussion forum on Canvas.